Ashington Town Council is seeking a dedicated Allotment Officer to join our team and support the Council in its statutory duty to provide allotments.
About the Role:
- Actively manage, monitor, and maintain the Council's allotment sites.
- Build positive relationships with allotment holders, associations, and stakeholders.
- Represent the Council's allotment service and support the priority of providing a pleasant, safe environment.
- Full-time (37 hours/week) flexible working available.
We have 8 sites across Ashington with approximately 800 allotment plots that require oversight. You will be involved in tenancy management, inspecting plots, supporting associations, and finding solutions to improve our provision. Strong communication and relationship skills are essential.
- Passionate about allotments, gardening, the environment.
- Able to travel between sites and carry out practical site work.
- Organised, proactive, and comfortable working independently.
- Friendly and approachable with excellent communication skills.
- £29,269 - £32,076 per annum
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Flexible working and development opportunities
For more information and to apply, please access the information linked below, and complete the application form. CV’s will be accepted but please ensure they contain information that supports your suitability for the role, based on the job description and person specification provided.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Sarah on the number given.
Applications can be posted, or emailed and must be received by the closing date of Friday 8th December 2023.
Sarah Eden – Executive Officer
Ashington Town Council
Click on the links to access detailed information about the post. Word documents will open in a new window.